Monday, July 19, 2010

June 25

Today, five short years ago, I married the best thing that ever happened to me.  I know everyone says that they are marrying their best friend and blah blah blah, but I really think that Jess and I have a relationship that is different than a lot of marriages I see going on around me.  We really do have an equal partnership, that was made stronger when we added Jacob into the mix.

We have been lucky, we started dating when we were in high school and we never thought then that we would end up here.  Ten years ago, when this whole thing started I thought I was just having a good time, I knew I would be going off to college and I figured it would end there, but it didn't.  The distance made us stronger, we really were able to grow up together.  I completely get how rare this is, and I feel completely blessed by it.

My husband has always been amazing, but he keeps getting better!  I never question his love for me, his faithfulness, his obsession with his little man, or that fact that he is all in when it comes to our relationship.  Sometimes I think he really does know me better than I know myself and I am completely flabbergasted at his ability to anticipate my concerns/fears and always tries to alleviate them before I even realize I have anything to be worried about.

When Jess and I said our I do's in front of our friends and family 5 years ago I did not really consider what our life would be like now, but I know that I could never have imagined how wonderful it would be.  He really is the yin to my yang, the peanut butter to my jelly and the moon to my stars.  I am so lucky to have found my soul mate in high school, and I'm even more blessed that he chose me too.

I love you Jess.  You are my perfect partner and an amazing Dad.  I would be lost if it weren't for you.

Our Wedding 081

No comments:

Post a Comment