Today is the day before you start the big adventure that is kindergarten and I must admit, for the months leading up to this day I have been an absolute puddle of tears. Your Daddy will agree, I have cried more tears over this big day than I have over all of your past big days combined. You see, sweet boy, tomorrow is a really huge change for us. For the last 5 and a half years you have been with me the majority of your time, we've been a team, we figured out together each new thing that was thrown our way. We figured out breastfeeding, sleepless nights, tired days, snotty noses, scary viruses, baby sisters, meeting new friends, preschool, navigating each new thing together with the help of your wonderful Daddy. You and me, we have made a great team. Now, you get to start working on your own to navigate so many new things that are heading your way, but don't worry baby, you will always have me for help. I hope and pray I have prepared you for all of this, that was my job, to teach you how to make the right choices and to know when to ask for help. Jake, don't ever be afraid to ask for help.
You are a brave, strong, sweet, loving, smart boy and I know you are going to have an amazing time learning, making friends and being a good helper.
There a few things I think you should know:
1. The only thing we want is for you to try your best.
2. Remember to use your manners.
3. Never, ever, ever leave school with a stranger. You are going to be meeting lots of new kids and adults at school and that is great, but someone you know will always be there to pick you up.
4. Be a good friend to everyone, make sure and invite the shy kids to play.
5. Please, listen to your teacher and do what you are told, the first time she tells you!
6. Go potty as soon as you need to go, but make sure you ask your teacher! Do not delay! Seriously.
7. Have fun!
8. It's ok to miss us, but don't worry, we'll be back before you even know it.
9. Eat during lunch, I know you want to visit, but you really need to eat.
10. Mommy, Daddy and Gracie all
love you so very much and we are so proud of the sweet boy that you are!
I guess that is it, I promise to try really hard not to cry tomorrow, but you probably won't even notice, you are so excited about kinder. Have a great first day, this is a biggie! I can't wait to hear about it tomorrow afternoon!
I love you,