Wednesday, June 2, 2010

May 29

Today we worked a LOT at my Dad's, but I'll post more about that tomorrow.

We took Jake to the lake in the afternoon for a birthday party for Rylee, that was a lot of fun, but he was pooped from playing with Lollie all morning and it was HOT so we left fairly quickly.

Earlier in the day Jess was driving down the highway with the window down and got something in his eye.  After the party it was still watering a giving him trouble so after consulting a friend we decided to skip the ER and head in to see an optometrist who was on call.  THANK GOODNESS for that.  Poor Jess got a ton of relief and everything was fine.

We learned 2 lessons from that:
1. ALWAYS WEAR SUNGLASSES (SAFETY GLASSES) WHEN DRIVING DOWN THE HIGHWAY WITH THE WINDOWS DOWN AFTER CUTTING WOOD.

2. NEVER BOTHER WITH THE ER WHEN YOU HAVE SOMETHING IN YOUR EYE - OPTOMETRISTS ARE ALWAYS ON CALL (who would have known)

After a lovely dinner with my family we put an EXHAUSTED Jake to bed and I went and had drinks with one of my oldest friends Amanda.  It was lovely and I had been needing that time with her, without our munchkins.

Here is a pic from back in the day...  That was (and is always) our little group - the 2 girls are Amanda and myself.

29113_656832645295_34402126_37500089_6875075_n

No comments:

Post a Comment