Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February 10

So I decided I wanted to write Jake a letter for his birthday - the goal is to do it every year - I just think it would be neat to have a letter from your mom every year...  Anyways, below are the contents of this years letter.  I'm didn't over think it, just wrote what I was feeling...

Dearest Son,  

Today is the first anniversary of your birth and I simply can not believe how fast that time has passed. This time last year I was still in labor with you, and after 40 long hours you entered this world and changed your Daddy's and my life forever.  

We could not have even imagined how wonderful having you has been for us. We wanted you for years before you actually came to us, but in all of those years of desperately wanting to be a mother I could not have designed you any more amazing than you actually are. Every single day you do something that reminds me of what a very special gift you were to us.  

The last year has been tough on your Mommy, but every step of the way you were here to remind me of why I needed to keep moving and stay strong. You will not remember this, but you had an amazing Grandmother who loved you more than anything and she went to live with Jesus this year. She had been sick for a very long time, but she was waiting just to meet you. Once you were here and healthy your Grandma knew that we would all be okay without her and that she would be better able to take care of you from Heaven. You were a bright shining light to her and even now I know she is with you, guiding you safely along the path that is your destiny.  

Little one, you have great things ahead of you. I am so proud to be your Mommy, to be able to take part in your journey, to watch you learn and grow. I love you more that I ever could have imagined loving anyone. You are the kind of child that parents dream of and I hope and pray that I never let you down.  

Happy 1st Birthday Jacob!  

Love you always, Mommy




SDC10259
Jake and a very proud Daddy
SDC10268
Jake and Mommy right after he was born
IMG_3576
Jake - the day before he turns 1!

1 comment:

  1. Sara, what a beautiful post! Indeed, BaBY Jake has lit up the lives of a lot of people! I am please to be one of those whose life has been been enriched by having you join our family AND help EXPAND our family along with Jess and BJ. You are such a good Mommy and Jess, such a neat Daddy, Jake is truly blessed! We love you all!

    ReplyDelete