Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 9

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is bittersweet for me.  I've been fighting sadness for a couple of weeks now - I miss my Mom every single day still, but I don't have time to be sad over it.  I am blessed with an amazing little family and an equally amazing extended family, so while today sucks, I am able to step back and remind myself of how lucky I really am.

I LOVE being a Mom, more specifically I love being Jake's Mom.  This is the job that I was put on this earth to do and I am more than happy to do it!  This week he finally starting saying Momma and I am over the moon because of it - it's the best Mother's Day gift EVER!

Jess did a great job on my other gift - he built both me and his mom each a bird feeder, complete with Jake's handprints! I love it and will take a picture of it soon!

Here is a pic of my Mom and I - isn't she pretty?

Wedding Pics 091

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day again!

    Yes, your mother is lovely in this picture holding her dear, sweet little Sara! What a precious picture. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I also loved the sweet bracelet you gave me! That's what I get for blogging at work - I miss things!

    I never really paid much attention to this picture, but I was looking for something else and came across it with the wedding stuff and it hit a nerve.

    ReplyDelete